Thursday, September 17, 2009

Well, we got a date...with a gold speculum!

I ended up talking with 3 different women at the clinic. I explained to each of them that we need advice of an expert, someone who can look at our file and tell us what's going on.  Basically do what our other crappy doctor should have done.

I nearly ended up in tears with the last phone call. She was the donate/adoption embryo nurse.  They do embryo donations in their clinic, but only have about 3 a year.  They have very strict guidelines and not many people donate. Oh, and the cost of transferring donated embryos through their office...$8,000.00 ! Are you kidding me?! Do they use a gold speculum?

She wasn't at all familiar with Miracles Waiting and didn't seem at all interested in dealing with any embryos outside of their clinic.

We don't really want to do another fresh IVF.  We want to know what chance there is of our frozen embryo, actually surviving.  Basically just tell us what the heck is going on and any suggestions to do or not to do. Our appointment is Oct 15.  I'll have my paperwork filled out and I will mail them a copy of all my records.  If I walk into that office, and that doctor waltzes in, spouts some repetitive mumbo-jumbo that he tells everyone...I'm going to explode into screaming hysterics.  I won't be responsible for my actions at that point. I may even attack.

But then, a part of me is still interested in the embryo donation route.  What does one do when there are no clinics nearby?  I'm already traveling 100miles to his office. 

I feel that after this appointment, we will have a better understanding of our problems and will be better equipped to decide on our next course of action.

No comments:

Post a Comment