Sunday, October 4, 2009

BOOK: "Budgeting for Infertility" by Sterling and Best-Boss

I just got this book, Budgeting for Infertility by Evelina Weidman Sterling and Angie Best-Boss from http://www.paperbackswap.com/ . I'm only about 30 pages in, and WOW. I wish I had it 3 years and 2 IVFs ago. Maybe it would have put everything into perspective before getting stuck in the middle of it.



So far everything is making sense.  These gals seem very common sense oriented.  They address dealing with insurance, fertility clinics, and budgeting for it all.  There's already comments made that I have thought/made myself. I know I'm not the sole-infertility patient, but this stuff reminds me that my thoughts and feelings are normal.

Looking back, I would have done so many things differently.  Hindsight is 20/20, I guess.  It's really wierd. When you've had what feels like 40 Climid rounds, IUIs, ultrasounds, vials of blood, appointments, tests, etc, it's hard to stop, step back and look before doing "the next step".  I didn't realize it at the time. It just made sense and was "the next step", so we did it.  There was no thought that we would  not get pregnant in the end.  We just thought this was the path we have to take to get pregnant.  We never dreamt at the end of the path we wouldn't be a family.    I always new I would need help, and would have to go through this crap. It was just the price I had to pay for a family. 

Right now I'm dealing with thinking about having a child 24/7.  It's all-consuming.  Yesterday's weather was amazing, so we went to a couple of fall festivals.  I saw so many babies.  Time was, I never really  noticed or paid attention to them. But for some reason, I could not keep from noticing. I should have started counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment