Monday, August 31, 2009

Allow me to introduce myself...

Well, I'm taking the leap. Creating my first blog. I 'm an internet/google junkie, but stubbornly avoiding many of the new-fangled stuff. I can honestly say, I have never sent or received a text message and have no idea how to even begin to do either. My life is perfectly insane enough without adding text induced blindness and pre-mature arthritis.
What will this blog be about? Maybe it will list my daily food consumption. Maybe it will list my ideas to achieve world peace. Or, how about instructions on how to best count carpet threads? The only thing I know is that it will be brutally honest. I don't sugarcoat anything. I tell it like it is. No need to make things pretty when they are ugly. People generally don't like brutal honesty. That's ok. However, I would suggest you keep on a-blogging, as this maybe isn't a stop you will bond with.
My point is, I think I would like the blog to take on it's own identity. Let's just see where it takes us, shall we...
Necessary boring background stuff:
My name is Rachel. I'm 35. I'm married to the most amazing man in the world, Kelly, 39. He and I met via Yahoo Personals May 1999 and have been together ever since. We figured 7 years dating is good enough and did the marriage thing in 2006.
We have a nice two-story house in Kentucky where our 2 dogs and cat allow us to live as long as we continue to pay the mortgage and feed them every day. How nice of them. Our dogs are 12lb Shih Tzus- Buster and Sophie. Binky_the_cat, I had before Kelly, and was nice enough to accept Kelly and, later, the dogs, into our world.

Kelly and I both have jobs. We're employed middle class. We are not doctors, lawyers, mechanical engineers or McDonald's fry cooks. We are simply the average employed married couple trying to make it in this crazy world. (not that there's anything wrong with any of the above careers, of course)

No comments:

Post a Comment