Sunday, November 8, 2009

Mister Fix-It - He Is Not! But He Did!

An amazing thing happened today. My husband did something really really B I G today. This is gargantuan. Huge. New York Times worthy!

*drumroll please!*

He fixed the stopper on the last bathroom sink!


*insert loud cheers here*


My hubby is awesome. I love him dearly and can't imagine life without him.  However, mister fix it, he is not. We have 2.5 bathrooms and a total of 4 sinks.  For some reason, the stoppers in 3 of them broke ...about 3 years ago. 

He fixed one almost immediately.  He spent the most of a weekend (or maybe two, I can't recall exactly) buried in the cabinet under the sink and actually cut the top of his head.  I heard many choice words and a bunch of "screw this" comments.  He was even ready to call a plumber! I can't even begin to imagine how much that would cost!

Somewhere along the years, my persistence paid off and he repaired a second one.  I don't think it took as long and no blood shed.

THEN ! Today, IT happened! He fixed the LAST one! No blood or cursing, and it only took the afternoon!

The gaping holes at the bottom of the sinks are now closed!  My earrings and rings are safe from falling down the drain! Yippeee!

My hubby rocks the planet!

No comments:

Post a Comment